Thursday, April 21, 2011

Time to play catch up...

So, since I wrote last I've been to Rabat (the capital of Morocco), Casablanca, Marrakesh, Essouira, El Walidaya, El Jadida and all the places in between. For spring break we rented cars in Fez and gave ourselves a grand tour of the mid-coastal portion of Morocco! I know after writing that cary post about the driving habits of Moroccans it might not have been the smartest idea for seven American kids to make their way through Morocco via car, but it was amazing!! I even ended up driving a portion of the way there between Fez and Casablanca and Marrakesh. Never thought my longest experience driving a manual shift car would be in Morocco...hah. We ran into more problems in the beginning than I care to remember one of them being almost losing my bag containing my passport, cash and camera...but everything worked out so perfectly in the end that it doesn't really matter! I hope to add more pictures later, but my camera died on the trip so I have to get them from other people...in the meantime, here are some other random pictures and maybe some more spring break stories, but i have a lot of homework to finish before class, so we'll see...


AMAZING view from the rooftop of the boys's Riad in the Medina. Definitely one of my favorite places in the world.

 Kitties!!! Stray cats rule this city. But these two are cute:)

Big yawn!

 Kadie's birthday party for which we all bought Moroccan dresses!!

 Busy marketplace in the middle of Casablanca.

 FINALLY after 5 failures we got a jumping picture into the pool at our hotel in Marrakesh!

Okay, homework...I'll write more soon!!



2 comments:

  1. Hi Kellen: fish.sa'id or maybe I should have said el maseeh qam. Anyway we are wishing you a very Happy Easter. Is this your first holiday away from home? I know you were not at home for your birthday. Did you leave before or after Christmas? I know it was terrible leaving the USA because of the weather, both here and in first stop but at least you caught up with your friend to be and were able to travel together. Did you get our birthday card with $$ as a gift? We miss you - sure enjoyed reading about your spring break road trip. What a great adventure!! Also enjoyed seeing the rooftop view. I can see why it is one of your favorite places. Take care and don't study too hard. Love you, Grandpa and Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I filled out a profile account if you want to view it. And, of course, you were here for Christmas and New Year's Eve. You didn't leave until Feb. 20th. I did this a second time to help me remember how to post a comment. Love,
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete