Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Breakfast!

My breakfast was super delicious this morning, so i decided to take a picture of it and say a couple things about food and eating habits etc here in Morocco!

So most breakfasts consist of the delicious bread that my host mom makes, olive oil and marmalade for dipping the bread, and mint tea or coffee with milk, all of which I LOVE! This one was special, a dessert bread with marmalade baked into the middle and powdered sugar sprinkled on top!! Yum.

Cous cous is the famed dish of Morocco. Most families have it for lunch every friday after the midday prayer. Mine last friday was delicious! You eat most things with bread and the first three fingers on your right hand. It takes a little practice, but think of all the silverware you don't have to wash!!!!

Oh and to mom, dad, and devin-- I ate fish the other day that my host mom made, and it was fantastic!! And i didn't get sick at all! Yay!

My host mom also made a chicken dish that reminded me of a recipe Brian's family told me about and that was one of my favorites so far!

Okay, I'm going to lose my internet connection soon, so I hope you all are doing splendidly!!

Ma salama!

No comments:

Post a Comment